Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Acumen Bootcamp - 2nd Week Reflection

Part 0 and 1 of Acumen virtual bootcamp series can be found here. 

Creating systemic change always comes from moral leadership and self discipline. Good disciplines is a part of moral leadership that establishes structures, time management, tasks planning, and follow up on action items. I am looking for gradual change in thinking pattern, eventually decision-making, then vision and then leadership. This week started with thought experiments and acting on micro habitual changes.

1. Courageous Space: There is a concept of courageous space to be done in pilot stage inside cohort before rolling out in personal and professional space. The courageous pace gives me freedom to choose a specific issue, scrutinize a habit (self discipline and exaggeration in my case), work on the habit in acts of courage, and ideally grow into competencies in the real world. I have set following tasks for myself.

Within Person: Delay in completing tasks despite making commitments is a bad nature of mine. I will be working on this issue during the next 8 weeks.

Within Organization: Be less extrapolate while pitching for business development. This fault has crept in the sales pitch in the last few months due to my desperation for funds. I will be practicing more restraint and share real scenarios during interaction with other fellows

2. I have to read article on the concept of 'opposable minds' and how holding seemingly different or opposing concepts can open up new ideas and innovation. An optional reading was Obama midterm speech 2018 transcript