Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Acumen Bootcamp - 3rd Week Reflection

Part 0, 1 and 2 of Acumen virtual bootcamp series can be found here.

The sessions are really good till now. Individuals are more open to ideas and suggestions and want to demonstrate an interest in getting up to speed. I am sharing task performed by me this week.

1. Superpower: There is an article by Seth Godin: What is your superpower? When do you come alive? I have documented my superpowers below:

a. I always document best practices and professional understanding on a topic through blog. This has facilitated creation of an institutional memory bank and drawing insights while walking on the road less traveled.

b. I enjoy diverse range of literature, blogs, cinema and interacting with different social circles. As this gives me range of knowledge extended far beyond my chosen profession. I assume that investment in specialization in one area alongside a vast body of knowledge can be a powerful driver of original thought.

These superpowers has given me ability to have a good outreach to a diverse group of stakeholders and impacted leaders in designing realistic plans. I usually come alive while volunteering for a cause and building networks of like minded people.

2. Improvement Goals:I have to identify my improvement Goal: “If you could get better at ONE THING — the One Big Thing that would make the greatest difference to your happiness and effectiveness, what would that be?” My responses: a. Be a much better husband than I am. b. To not be committed for a task in hurry and once committed to a task, complete before / on time .

I know this intuitively because I haven't been trying to get better at or change for a while. And, I have heard this from family and colleagues in the feedback/reviews.

3. Reflection on article : How will you measure your life? by Clayton M. Christensen, Kim B. Clark Professor of Business Administration at at Harvard Business School.

I have thought about the metric by which my life will be judged. I am an enthusiast, not an expert. At the age of thirty four, I had realized that I am doing will be insignificant but that will define me. Curiosity and Enthusiasm are the force that didn't change with time. What is more difficult to tackle in the life ? As for me, I always ponder over dilemma rather than questions. Because, there is always financial insecurity, family dispute, and a chaos lurking around the corner. The immediate needs always have tussle with long term goals.